Saturday, February 2, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII: Prediction


            It’s about 28 hours or so until the kickoff of Super Bowl XLVII. Between all the coverage on various networks, websites, and newspapers, I have finally picked who I think will win the game.
            First, I love both teams. I think that these teams can both win another Super Bowl in the next five years because of their head coaches. Both Jim and John Harbaugh are doing remarkable things with their teams as they both have made the playoffs every year they have been coaches.  John has been the Ravens head coach and has made the Ravens one of the top contenders in the AFC year in and year out. Jim brought the 49ers to the NFC Championship game in his first year and now the Super Bowl in his second year as coach.
            I am looking forward to lots of matchups on both sides including Gore vs. Lewis, Rice vs. Willis, and Kaepernick vs. Ravens Defense. Ravens QB Joe Flacco is playing his best football of his career right now and will carry his 8 TDs and 0 Ints in the playoffs into the Super Bowl.
            I see the Ravens having an advantage with special teams with KR/PR Jacoby Jones and K Justin Tucker. Field possession will be huge in this game and Jones is perhaps the best returner in the league. Tucker has missed three field goals all season, made four field goals over 50 yards, and most importantly has three game winning field goals. I see this game coming down to a field goal and with the recent struggles of 49ers K David Akers; I can see Tucker kicking the game winning field goal.
            There is also this “Ray Lewis effect,” that I think has Ravens players putting everything on the field because they want Lewis to go out as a champion as he announced that he will retire after this season.
            With that being said, I am going to predict the Ravens to win their second NFL title, 23-20.

No comments:

Post a Comment